Knitwear Care Do’s and Don’ts
- Always make sure to check the garment care instructions.
- When washing and drying, avoid exposing your knitwear to high temperatures and direct sunlight.
- Only iron your knits if absolutely necessary, using a low-temperature setting and a protective, clean cloth between the fabric and the iron.
- Never hang, rub or twist knitwear, as this can ruin the fabric and shape of the garment.
- Never tumble-dry knitwear; it can cause damage and might even shrink your garment.
- The easiest and best thing you can do to care for your knitwear is to wash it as little as possible!
It can seem a little tricky to care for knitwear at first, but following the guide above will ensure that you’ll be able to enjoy your knitted garments for many seasons to come.